:D

:D
This is a little something to light up your day!

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Piano Competition

TA-DAAAAA! These were what I proudly achieved from my first piano competition on the 19th of December, 2011. It was an awesome experience to go on stage and play a song and there's tons of people watching your every move and hearing every note you hit on AHAHAHAHA well the judges did that.

 I was the third one to go on stage for my group. There's four groups, Group 1-The BEGINNERS, Group 2-Grade 1 to 3, Group 3-Grade 4 to 5, Group 4-Grade 6 to 8. I belong to the third one. 12 people in my group. WOAH. The competition started with the principal's speech, then the kiddies with really really cute piano playing and really really cute formal wear. Then when it came to our group, my heart was about to explode. My opponents were all really good, and there's this nine-year-old girl who played real well. And when it was my turn I was shaking cause I kind of have stage-fright everytime I go on stage. And there was an applause and I got on stage shakily. I smoothed my piano sheets, sat down, smoothed my dress, put my foot on the pedal, put my hands on the keys, and took a light breath of confidence. And I played my song.

The higher graders played real good. There's one boy who played like he's part of the music. That's real piano playing. His fingers ran all around the keys, so fast, so smoothly. HE'S AWESOME. Then it was time for our duets. Group 3 people. Chinese new year songs. We were supposed to go on stage, play the treble clef with both hands while our duet teachers play the other hand, bass clef. It was fun. That Dick, a boy in my group, played real good cause he swayed here and there along with the beat of his song. After the duets, the higher graders had their own duets too. This time, it was the students who play the piano while the teachers sing. Yeah, a live concert of old songs. But it was real nice.


The final moment of anxiety came. The PRIZE GIVING moment. My heart was skipping like crazy. When it came to our group, we were all called on stage. The consolation prizes were given, and I was praying and praying that I would not get it. And I didn't. So there was four of us left. The fourth prize went to a girl. The third prize went to Dick's little nine-year-old sister who played real good. And it was Dick and me. And of course, after so much excitement, he was the champion, and I was the first runner up. That was a miracle. I was overjoyed and couldn't do more than thank God over and over again. He blessed me and showed me what I've got in me. I was elated, the best stage performance ever. Dick got the best duet too, but I didn't mind. He deserved that! :D


My teacher was real proud of me because I achieved what she wanted me to. Thanks to her for pushing me to enter this competition, for encouraging me and pressurizing me to play well. Thank God for giving me this chance. Thank you so much. And my mum and siblings too, who gave me support and listened to my songs. Thanks to the judges, who made my dream come true. (They're from Yamaha, and there's this woman among them whom I know and who told me to Keep Up The Good Work when I approached her to receive my rewards.) Thank you everyone for everything.
Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayers. Before the competition, I had asked my teacher to pray. She didn't believe in God anymore...that's a long story. But she did try to pray. And God granted her prayers. So that's a testimony. That's a MIRACLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment