Well, yesterday was the 22nd of December, the day of our PMR results distribution. Everyone was supposed to go to school at around 10am or something, and collect their own result slip in the hall. My friends and I went for McD in the morning before going to school, to have our calm breakfast before the heart-attacking-moment-of-result-announcement. Everyone was so excited, somewhat afraid, frightened...of what might be on the result slip.
At school, Li Mei and I saw the twins, Yuan and Shuang. Both of them already knew their results before the announcement in the hall. Straight As for both, of course. And Zoe, and Joyce Lau. Joy on their faces. Great joy of accomplishment.
In the hall, we all queued up at our own lines. Ci Ying came too, and I was overjoyed to see her. She's a straight As student too of course, being happy that she didn't flop her PMR AHAHAHAHA cause she's in the Nexus International School now in Putrajaya. Scholarship stuff for geniuses. Ok, back to the queue up moment. My classmates got theirs and all were satisfied with the straight As. Christina too, Kimberley too, Ling Ang, Loi....so many...
Before I got my own results and was still queueing up, Tristen, who got his, came over and told me he saw my slip. HE KNEW MY RESULTS. I started shivering, trembling, and asked him,"Not all As, right?" with doubt in my words. He shook his head. And told me I got a B for my Chinese.
Man, that was real BADASS NEWS. I broke down instantly. Tears streamed down my cheeks, my eyes burning with sorrow, my nose sniffling. In my heart, I wished Tristen was wrong. When I got my results, he was right. 7As and 1B. I cried harder. People stared at me. Like, WTH is it with her? My friends came to give me comfort, words of encouragement. Joyce Lau and Ee Yin gave me hugs, Joyce Lau let me cry on her shoulder, Christina put her arms around me and began crying with me, Kimberley and Ci Ying gave me pats on the shoulders, the twins gave me Munchie Advices, Suzanne told me way lot of meaningful stuff about not to live along people expectations, and my other friends consoled me. It's so good to have friends around you, especially true ones.
I was so disappointed. I expected myself to get straight As. I expected all the congratulations, all the WOW YOU'RE AWESOME, all the joy, all the fun. But what I got was tears, consoles, the CHEER UP!s, the advices. My mum told me it was a blessing in disguise. I thought about it. I could not fully get over it yet, but I'm starting to catch a glimpse of something better God's preparing. He's toughening me up, I bet. Giving me the lesson of strong hope, strong faith. Letting me know that life's ain't that easy, but life ain't that har d either. That you don't get what you want everytime, but you'll get what you need all the time.
"God has made life so good that even if we don't exactly get what we want, we realize that what He has given us is actually the best for us." ---Garden Of Life Quotes
"You will only fail if you think that you've failed. Don't let failures fail you. LET FAILURES FAIL TO FAIL YOU."---Ah Loi


No comments:
Post a Comment